Many of us struggle to drink enough water every day. It’s not as interesting as coffee, soda, or fruit juice…
So let’s transform your water experience!
On Saturday, I wrote about all the important reasons we need to drink enough water. Not only does water offer hydration but it can also help flush toxins and wastes from our systems.
By adding fruit and herbs to the mix you can make sipping on water a fresh treat and a powerful medicine.
1. Apple Cinnamon Detox
This refreshing beverage is also called the Zero Calorie Detox Water. Instead of sipping on soda or fruit juice, which can make you gain weight without you even noticing, try this! The apple and cinnamon cleans your system of toxins, balances your blood sugar, and can help speed up the process of decreasing water weight.
- Fuji apples
- Cinnamon sticks, or one teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- Slice the fuji apples and place them in a pitcher.
- Add the cinnamon stick or powder.
- Cover with ice and then pour in the water.
- Let this mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Drink instead of soda or juice.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox
Drink this powerful fusion throughout the day to flush your system. This beverage is a great way to remove toxins from the blood and liver. Apple cider vinegar is particularly powerful at stimulating lymphatic fluid and improving digestion. Lemons are immune-boosting, antiviral, and antibacterial, while the cucumber helps you stay hydrated by helping the body absorb water. Mint is known to help with digestion, headaches, nausea, and respiratory issues.
- 1 lemon
- ½ cucumber
- 4 sprigs mint
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Slice the lemon and cucumber very thinly.
- Place equal quantities in two quart sized bottles.
- Place mint leaves into the bottles.
- Fill the bottles with water.
- Add the apple cider vinegar.
- Refrigerate overnight.
3. Strawberry Detox
This is a fantastic summer drink with a sweet zest that can make detoxing more enjoyable. The combination of strawberries, rosemary, and watermelon provide you with added vitamins and plenty of antioxidants, which can help the water flush out toxins. This drink is also anti-inflammatory and has skin enhancing nutrients to boot. You can also add a dash of lemon for a source of bioflavonoids.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Dash of coarse salt
- Filtered water
- Mash the strawberries and rosemary against the side of a bowl. (This is called muddling.)
- In a pitcher add the cubed watermelon and muddled strawberry and rosemary.
- Pour water over this and stir.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Drink throughout the day.
4. Sassy Water
This is another delicious way to make drinking water more enjoyable. This recipe is similar to the apple cider vinegar one, but more suited for those who can’t stomach vinegar. In this natural combination, lemon, mint and cucumber work together to boost the immune system, aid digestion, and hydrate your body while the water removes impurities.
- 12 cups of water
- 3 lemons
- 1 small cucumber
- 15 mint leaves
- Rinse the lemons and cucumbers.
- Slice thinly.
- Place the lemons, cucumber, and mint sprigs into a pitcher.
- Add in water and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Refrigerating overnight will give the drink more flavor).
- Drink with ice.
- Fat Flush Water
This fruity drink is super for helping you burn fat while also offering hydration. The water removes waste, the tangerine processes glucose effectively instead of turning it into fat, and the grapefruit boosts your metabolism. The cucumber makes your body feel full, and the mint helps with digestion, allowing for waste to be eliminated effectively.
- ½ gallon water
- 6 wedges pink grapefruit
- 1 tangerine
- ½ cucumber
- 2 or more mint leaves
- Rinse the grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber and mint leaves.
- Slice the grapefruit into wedges, and cut the cucumber and tangerines into slices.
- Mix all of these fruits in pitcher with half a gallon of water and add ice.
- Let the ingredients sit for 2 hours.
- Drink this beverage continuously within a day.
- I’ve Found a Natural Remedy for Those Red Bumps on the Skin
- The Ultimate Summer Beverage: Fresh Sun Tea
- 11 Unexpected Health Benefits of Drinking Whisky